Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Finally

So... I would like to apologize for having not been updating this thing. I do realize that it has been quite a few months since I've posted. And I'm sorry. Very sorry.

An update on how the weight loss thing has been going. It's going well but over the last few months I've kinda been a little lax on following through on strictness of my diet. I haven't gained a ton back. I should be getting back on the pony and riding but it's hard for me to want to do it again. I'm a tired man and I love food. I'm not eating like I used to but I'm just not dieting like earlier in the year. I still feel more confident and really that was the main purpose of the diet in the first place.

I have been in a motorcycle accident. Not a scary big one but a baby annoying one. it went down like this. No pun intended. I was riding on my merry little way to my grandparents house minding my own business when appeared a very big, very fast and very angry dog. He started to chase me down. I was going the speed limit at 25 mph and the terd was gaining on me. I quickly made a plan to take the corner fast, down shift to like second gear to get the rpm's up and then make my speedy getaway safely arriving at my grammy's. The patch of gravel had other plans. I didn't see it and the rear tire slid out and I hit the ground. Hard. It hurt. I immediately got up and started to make my way to that ingrate dog. I wanted him dead. I was 5 weeks into my work out program and looked very intimidating and I think that my appearance in culmination with my anger and helmet caused me to really look like I would rip the demon's jaw off. I would have given the opportunity but, the wussy turned tail and ran off. I began to feel the pain of my accident and lifted the bike off the ground and rode to my grammy's. My grammy lives in a very quiet neighborhood and everyone knows everyone so by the time I hobbled into the house my grammy was on the phone halfway through a conversation with one of the relief society members who apparently saw the whole thing. Now, not only was my body hurt, but my ego as well. I leaned over the kitchen sink, why the sink, I don't know but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I dropped the helmet on the ground and began to groan. I investigated myself to see what injuries I had sustained and found the palm of my left hand was missing a portion of it's flesh. The back of my right hand had a small piece missing. Right below my wrist on my right arm there was a chunk gone. Right below that there was a 6 inch by 3 inch wide area of road rash. Finally, my left knee looked like hamburger. I was in pain to say the least. I called my place of employment and told them that I'd be in a little later than anticipated. My grammy used her ninja like first aid abilities (I don't know why I said ninja like but just roll with it) and I was on my way back to work. Due to my perseverance and desire to return to work after my tumble, my boss decided it would be a good idea to give me a raise to compensate me for my dedication. I'm grateful.

Now to the good stuff.

August 24th. The beginning of the death of my solitude. It began like any other Monday. Minus one or two things. I had in my plans after work to jam out with a long time crush. We will call her angel voice for the sake of anonymity. Angel voice is a very beautiful girl who has a voice that could melt butter. I had a crush on her since the later portion of the year 2000 when I first met her. After work I brought my guitar over to her house and we began to sing, play and flirt with each other. I was pleased with the fruits of our labor to say the least. 6:45 rolled around and she asked if I was planning on going to fhe. I wasn't until she said that she was going to go. She followed me in her car over to the designated location and we arrived safely. The activity was a breakfast style bbq. It was an interesting concept and I liked it. I was asked to lend my pancake making skills to the cause. When I finished I sat next to angel voice and began chatting with her friends and such. I looked across the table from me and I saw a young lady not really talking to anyone. In my head I thought "You're attractive. You can talk to me." Our conversation started and in my dorky joke making demeanor that I have I said, "We should hook up." We chatted for quite a while longer and I realized I had completely forgot about angel voice. She had already left when it hit me. She was why I went but, was not the reason I stayed. Despite the long time crushness I have to say that I didn't care that she left. I was in the depths of a good conversation with someone that intrigued me more.

Her name is Brittany Asay.

After the activity some people were going over to some guy I've never heard of's place to play games and such. Those that were attending aren't exactly what I would call "my people." They're weird. they're the type of people I usually try to avoid. None the less I decided to go because Brittany was going and I didn't want the conversation to stop. We didn't pay attention to the game or the other people that were there. We were completely engrossed in each other. I don't even remember what game we were playing. We left before it was over, I think, and I wanted to hang out more. So did she. I asked if she wanted to go for a drive so I could show her more of Ogden. She's not from here and she's a very pretty girl so, I thought I'd offer. I took her to North Ogden to a church where you can get a kick awesome view of the Ogden valley. We talked some more. A lot more. I brought my Ipod and I don't know why, but I started to sing some of the songs I was playing. Subliminally I think it was an effort to make her swoon from the soothing sounds of my voice. It worked. We went back to her apartment/condo and I walked her to the door. I offered a hug and received it. I then did something I don't normally do. In a chick flick like manner I said, "I really enjoy the pleasure of you company and I would really like to take you out some time. Is that OK?" I was nervous the entire time. She said that she would love to and we exchanged phone numbers. She texted me the next day. I was as giddy as a school girl. We decided to get very late night pie at village inn. Much to our chagrin they were closed so we had to go to Denny's and had not pie but fried things and milk shakes. We talked. A lot. We lost track of time and It seriously felt like every 2 minutes the waitress was reminding us that we could pay at the register when we were ready to go. We were thinking come on we haven't been here that long. Wrong. we got there at 11:00 and it was now 2:00. In the morning. On a Tuesday. We sheepishly left and we went our separate ways. We hung out again the next night.

I can't remember the exact order of the next couple of dates and things but I went to Texas that Thursday and was gone till Sunday. We at the very least texted each other everyday. I came home and did something with her instead of hanging out with my usual crowd. We went on a date where we almost burned down her kitchen. It was an epic first official date and I decided that I wanted this to last for a very long time.

Sept. 3rd was our first kiss and it was truly the best kiss ever. The next day she went to San Diego. She Left at 12-ish and we were texting as usual and she decided that she missed me enought to the point of an inability to sleep. We texted a little more and the conversation went as follows.

B- "I wish you were here."
S- "I wish I was there too." (It's San Diego, who wouldn't?)
B- "You could be."
S- "No I can't. I don't have the money."
B- "I do."

I deliberated with myself for a few minutes. I had to work the next day, I couldn't go in the morning. But it's San Diego. This is too new of a relationship to be flying off to San Diego. But you do feel really good with her and it's freaking San Diego.

S- "What information do you need?"

The next day I flew out there, called the hotel and was soon on a shuttle to meet up with her. We embraced in the parking lot and it's been all up hill from there. We went to sea world the next day and had a blast. That night we went to mission beach and had a romantic walk whilst chatting and enjoying the radiance of one another's company. I knew right there that it was love.

We returned to Utah the next day and have been together everyday since. I love this girl with all my heart and it's reciprocal. We have loved every minute of each other's company and plan on making it last for eternity. I love this woman and want her to be my wife and the mother of my children.

Well before I get too emotional I'm going to get back to work. I hope that you enjoy the read.

Papa Bear

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best blog entry ever. I would like to note, for the record, that it was not your voice that first won me over but probably the first thing you said to me: "So tell me, who is this Brittany?"

It reminded me of Nacho Libre.

I love you.

More on that later...

And for those of you who were wondering Papa Bear is about the best ever. "Chips... drink... maybe a wedding someday?"

Again. Love. So much.

Sorry for the long comment PB but what can I say? I like turtlenecks.

joyce said...

Whoa!! Just thought I'd check in today and lo, and behold...I'm SO excited for you! Please invite me to the wedding!!

Fedaykin said...

Spoiler: I'm angel voice.

Sephian said...

fedaykin... I never knew... hmmm... explains much, this does. Congratulations Papa Bear, I'm happy fer you. Oh, and don't wait soooooooooooooo long to blog next time.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I would just like to say that August 24th is my anniversary- so that bodes well for this relationship. :) This was very sweet, and I loved reading it!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BMK3 said...

Steve! We are so freakin excited for you!!! :)

Brett said...

So that's how you two hooked up :) Thanks for the post and illumination about how this relationship got going. Just so you know, Brittany is the most social of the lot, so you lucked out there, despite how much she says she'd rather sit home and put together a TV stand than go to a party.

Boafer Frog Face said...

Well, as the eldest of B's siblings I am excited to read about the genesis of your relationship. I tend to be out of the loop, but am ever interested in the lives of my family.

Thank you for making the Beezer happy, she certainly deserves it, and from the sounds of it you do as well. :-)

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I love you Steve. Post more blog.

Anonymous said...

Steve, it was good running into you at the Pie the other week. I hope everything turned out great for your wedding. Best wishes.

Melanie Stoker said...

And I, as Steve's oldest sister, get to leave the official announcement on his blog that today, July 14,2010. Stephen is marrying Brittany. TODAY TODAY TODAY. Um....wait......that mean I'm the only single one left.....ah, crap. If I get a repeat of Erin's (in which I was HANDED the bouquet) or Amber's (where she THREW it at me), I swear I'm gonna quit going to weddings. LOL I love you Stephen. Did good.